Everyone dreads looking in the mirror and seeing big red acne staring back at them. Taking the proper steps can help improve your acne outcome.
- Stick to your doctor’s prescription: Only your doctor can develop a treatment plan that addresses the source of acne and suits your needs.
- Wash face with anti acne face wash twice daily. Gently pat dry.
- After washing your face wait for 10 minutes before applying anti acne cream/gels.
- Use medications regularly to get the most benefit from it.
- Say Yes to sunscreen: Use oil free, water based sunscreen recommended by your doctor throughout your acne treatment and continue it as part of good skin care practice.
- Stay hydrated: Water will help to flush out internal toxins and hydrate your skin from inside.
- Balanced diet: Increase vitamin and mineral rich fruits and vegetables in your diet to prevent acne breakouts.
- Exercise helps reduce stress which is a major contributor to acne breakouts. It also increases blood circulation to your skin, which sends more oxygen and nutrients in and removes cell waste.
- Do not pick at your face. Every time you touch your face, you spread the bacteria. Also popping acne leads to marks and scarring.
- Do not use anti bacterial soaps for washing the face as these can be too drying.
- Do not apply large amounts of prescribed medications or use it more often than prescribed.
- Do not use oily pore clogging make up or cosmetics.
- Do not eat junk food, spicy food and avoid dairy products, high calorie food.
- Avoid food rich in iodine like sea foods.
- Do not try home remedies or facials or oil massages.